Welcome to NOTUS energy
The future will be shaped by the wind and the sun. NOTUS energy builds renewable energy plants worldwide and is an independent climate-friendly power producer.Skip to content
YOUR RELIABLE PARTNER
FOR WIND AND SOLAR ENERGY
NOTUS energy initiates, plans and builds wind and solar farms worldwide.
- We are an independent power producer (IPP).
- We execute large-scale international projects as a general contractor.
- We take over your technical and commercial management as an asset manager.
- We are a technology company and develop AI solutions for renewables.
MW wind power installed
MW wind power under development
MW solar power under development
MW as managing owners
NOTUS energy Management
The aerodynamic aesthetics of wind turbine blades continues to fascinate me. The close interaction between nature and design as an element of sustainability is still underestimated. Economic success today rides on design.Heiner Röger, founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NOTUS energy See his Curriculum Vitae
Understanding every aspect of a project, putting a figure on supposed imponderables and finally expressing them in hard currency is something that attracted me right from the start. I‘m still attracted by it, as settling for routine has never been my thing.Matthias Pallutt, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of NOTUS energy See his Curriculum Vitae
As a former competitive athlete, I know that in a long-distance race such as the energy transition, it is essential to use our strengths wisely to reach the finish line. NOTUS energy is distinguished by determination, experience, entrepreneurial thinking in every team, flat hierarchies, and a positive corporate culture.Knud Rissel, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) NOTUS energy See his Curriculum Vitae
For good reason:
Testimonials about NOTUS energy
We‘ve enjoyed a long and trusting relationship with NOTUS energy. No matter what challenges we were faced with during project implementation, together with NOTUS we always found the right solution. We appreciate our fair and respectful interaction.Juan Araluce, Vestas, Executive Vice President of Sales (CSO)
Planning a wind farm in a given community involves bringing many stakeholders on board. Right from the outset, NOTUS energy has operated in a fair and transparent manner both with us and with the citizens of Schönwald. We’ve found NOTUS energy to be a reliable partner whom we highly recommend.Roland Gefreiter, Mayor of Schönwald
NOTUS energy’s in-house financial experts are highly skilled in their field, which is apparent in every project. Their finance projections are solid and realistically calculated. From our perspective, that makes NOTUS energy an important and reliable partner.Jörg-Uwe Fischer, Head of Environmental Technology and Renewable Energies, Deutsche Kreditbank AG (DKB)
Your Partner for Wind and Solar: The NOTUS Team
Around 200 staff work for NOTUS energy at the company’s headquarters in Potsdam and in our offices around the world.
NOTUS campus in Potsdam
... determine the best locations for wind or solar plants to protect residents and the landscape.
... focus on ecosystems: They prepare expert reports and plan compensatory measures
for nature conservation.
... know how birds of prey hunt, when cranes breed and when bats fly. This is why we are able to protect these animals.
... work out how a wind turbine would be perceived by hikers and local residents and ensure that it never becomes too noisy.
... help to calculate the potential output of a plant, as wind and solar energy is also dependent on weather conditions.
... ensure the structural stability of the wind turbines, the smooth running of construction processes and optimum wind and solar yields.
... specialise in the assessment of energy projects for calculation, operational and sales purposes.
... develop the appropriate contract structure for each project, whilst our standard (bank-audited) contracts guarantee cost efficiency.
... programme the software for optimum wind forecasts and turbulence calculations.
From Start-Up to Energy Provider
In the last 20 years, renewable energy technology has developed rapidly. NOTUS energy has grown with the demands and is now one of the major project developers and independent energy producers in Germany. We are proud of what we have achieved!
- NOTUS energy founded in Potsdam
- First wind farm: NOTUS energy erects 14 wind turbines in Waldow with a combined output of 28 megawatts
- First 110 kV transformer station in Tornow
- 5 REpower 5 M foundations constructed in extremely difficult moorland terrain
- Market entry in Bulgaria, Poland and Mexico
- Construction management in Bulgaria for a 156-megawatt wind project
- Market entry in Chile
- France: Construction management for a 32-megawatt wind farm
- Celebrating our 10th anniversary: 700 megawatts of total output installed
- Construction management for a 48-megawatt wind farm in Poland
- TÜV-Süd certification of NOTUS energy Construction in compliance with DIN EN ISO 9001
- First solar power project with 7 megawatts in England
- Solar power project with 50 megawatts in England
- Finland: NOTUS erects a 6.6-megawatt wind farm as general contractor
- New offices opened in Cologne and Paris
- Record year: approvals for a total of 58 wind turbines in Germany with a combined output of 196 megawatts
- World premiere of three wind turbines commissioned at the TRIMET Aluminium industrial plant in Hamburg
- New headquarters in Potsdam
- NOTUS energy France: German-French joint venture founded between NOTUS and OMNES Capital
- Kosovo: Approval granted for a 105-megawatt wind energy project
- Ukraine: NOTUS energy acquires the rights to construct three wind farms with a combined output of 270 megawatts
- 1,340 megawatts of wind energy and 60 megawatts of solar energy installed since the company was founded
- 350 megawatts under our operational management
- 260 megawatts of wind energy as managing owners
- 3,590 megawatts of solar energy under development
- NOTUS energy employs 200 staff members and is active in 15 countries
- New offices in Dresden and Itzehoe
NOTUS energy is active in important industry associations and supports international exchange for renewable energies.