for Applicants (m/f/d)
on personal data processing by the NOTUS energy Group
We are delighted that you are interested in one of the NOTUS energy Group companies and have applied for a position with one of them.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and any personal data we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with this data protection policy and in compliance with the applicable statutory data protection regulations (in particular in compliance with the GDPR and the Federal Data Protection Act, BDSG).
In the following paragraphs, we provide information about the way in which we will process your personal data:
§ 1 Information regarding the processing of personal data,
the person responsible, and the data protection officer
- Personal data includes all data that can be related to you personally , e.g., your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, etc.
- The NOTUS energy Group shall be responsible for processing your personal data within the scope of your application for all group companies in compliance with Art. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
NOTUS energy GmbH
Parkstraße 1, 14469 Potsdam
- The data protection officer for NOTUS energy Plan GmbH & Co. KG, NOTUS energy GmbH, NOTUS energy Construction GmbH & Co. KG, NOTUS energy Development GmbH & Co. KG, and NOTUS energy Service GmbH & Co. KG) can be contacted at email@example.com or by post at Hans Peter Becher, Alte Potsdamer Landstraße 53, 14532 Stahnsdorf.
You can also find the respective contact details on our website at www.notus.de/en/information-personal-data-processing.
§ 2 Personal data categories and processing purposes
- We shall process the following categories of personal data within the scope of the application procedure:
a) Master data (this includes such things as your name, sex, date of birth)
b) contact details (including, for example your address, email address, and telephone number)
c) application documents (e.g., certificates, curriculum vitae, photo)
d) data on professional development and acquired skills (such as your education and training, profes-sional experience, and any additional qualifications)
e) Should you apply online we shall also collect: usage and inventory data (which includes such things as your IP address, the name of the file accessed, date and time of access, data volume transferred, a notification of successful access, and the web browser used).
- We shall process any data you send us or will be sending us in connection with your application to check your suitability for any position advertised by us - or possibly another position with another NOTUS energy Group company (in the case of a speculative application) - and to complete the application procedure.
§ 3 Legal bases
- The primary legal basis for processing your personal data as part of the application procedure is § 26 BDSG. This legislation permits the processing of any data we may need to take a decision on establishing an employment relationship with you.
- Additional legal requirements for the selection procedure are derived from the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the national General Equal Treatment Act (AGG) in particular.
- Should we require your data for legal prosecution following the application procedure, data processing may be carried out on the basis of the provisions of Art. 6 GDPR, in particular to safeguard our legitimate interests in compliance with Art. 6 Para. 1 f) GDPR, in which case our interest would consist in the assertion or defence of claims.
§ 4 Forwarding your data
- Following receipt of your application, your applicant data will be screened by the responsible manage-ment assistant and, where appropriate, by the Human Resources Department. Suitable applications will be forwarded internally to the departmental manager responsible for the position in question, with whom the further procedure will be agreed. Unless we are legally obliged to pass on your data to other bodies, ac-cess to your data within the company will only be granted to those persons who need it for the proper fulfilment of our application procedure.
- We use external IT service providers to process your data in some cases. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us and are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
§ 5 Voluntary and/or compulsory provision
- We will require certain personal data to conduct a lawful selection procedure and therefore, in particular, to assess your suitability, competence and professional performance with regard to the vacant position. You should, however, only provide such personal data in the context of your application that is necessary for recording and completing your application.
- Should you fail to provide this personal information, we may be unable to decide about whether to establish an employment relationship with you.
§ 6 Storage period
- In the event of an unsuccessful application, we shall immediately restrict the processing of your personal data and store it for archiving purposes only. We shall delete your personal data, including all of your application documents, no later than six months after your application has been rejected.
- Should you agree to a longer personal data storage period, we shall store it in accordance with your declaration of consent.
- Should your application prove successful, your personal data shall be transferred from the appli-cant data system to your personnel file to which ever extent is necessary.
§ 7 Objecting to the processing of your data
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR), you can object to our processing it. In the event of such an objection, we would ask you to explain the reasons why we should not have processed your personal data as we have done. Should your objection be justified, we shall examine the facts of the case and shall either stop or adapt the data processing or ex-plain to you our compelling protectable reasons on the basis of which we shall continue the processing.
§ 8 Your rights
- You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• The right to information concerning the content and use of your personal data (Art. 15 GDPR)
• The right to rectification and completion (Art. 16 GDPR)
• The right of erasure when there is no legal basis for further processing (Art. 17 GDPR)
• The right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
• You can object to our processing of your personal data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation (Art. 21 GDPR).
Provided the legal requirements are met, the NOTUS energy Group will cease processing your personal data.
- Should you be of the opinion that our processing of your personal data violates data protection regula-tions, you may also contact the data protection supervisory authority responsible for our company, whose (current) contact details are as follows:
Die Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und für das Recht auf Akteneinsicht (The State Commissioner for Data Protection and the Right of Access to Files)
Stahnsdorfer Damm 77, 14532 Kleinmachnow
§ 9 Miscellaneous
We shall not use automated decision-making processes (algorithms) in relation to your personal data.
NOTUS energy Group
Last Update: 10/2020